Friday, March 25, 2011

VIC Itinerary


Dates: Wed 30th March - Sun 10th April (TBC)
I am preparing for bad weather so I have not booked any accommodation anywhere except Melbourne. I have bought a tent and decided to camp instead, this way I am able to stay as long as I want in any given location to make sure I get the shots I need.

Stop1: Melbourne
Stop2: Port Campbell
Stop3: Grampians National Park
Stop4: Mildura

Estimated driving time: 25 hours

Costs:
Accommodation: $150
Petrol: $250
Food: $400
Tent: $150
Total: $950


Stop1 - Melbourne
I will leave Canberra around 10am to arrive in Melbourne at about 7pm. I will be staying at a YHA hostel for 4 nights from Wednesday to Sunday.

Shots:
  • Botanic Gardens - gazebo
  • City at night
  • Stock city shots, including alleyways
  • Circus tents - Silvers Circus, Manningham club, Bulleen / Moscow Circus, Cranbourne road, Frankston


Stop2 - Port Campbell
After Melbourne I will be travelling down the Great Ocean Road towards Port Campbell to get photos of the 12 apostles, I will find an appropriate camping area and stay as long as necessary. I am mainly doing this as I have only seen them when I was very little so I am interested in doing some sight seeing just for the enjoyment factor, but I may use shots I take along the way as stock later down the track.

Shots:
  • 12 apostles
  • Any landscapes I find interesting along the Great Ocean Road


Stop3 - Grampians National Park
I will then drive up to the Grampians National Park to get some great landscape shots, including cliffs, waterfalls and forests. Camping is allowed throughout the national park so I will have no problem there. I found a useful sight listing suggested walks which I will be looking into:
http://www.grampiansnationalpark.com/grampians/national/park/walks.asp#w_balconies

Shots:
  • Balconies Lookout
  • Waterfalls
  • Forests


Stop4 - Mildura
My final stop is right up to Mildura, which is the main city near the Perry Sand Dunes, which will form the basis of my desert composite.

Shots:
  • Sand Dunes

No comments:

Post a Comment